Tuesday, February 12, 2013

big D, little A, double L, A, S!






 






This weekend, my entire family met up in Dallas to see a recording of NPR's radio show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me...", which is a HILARIOUS radio news-quiz for those who aren't familiar. Honestly, getting a solid thumbs-up from all four members of the Dunn household is a rarity, and "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me..." is something we can all always agree on and really love and enjoy. We were so excited to see the show live and get to see the production in action- who knew radio would be so fun to look at?! It ran about 2 and a half hours live and was so different from what you end up hearing on the radio! I definitely think NPR should release an uncut edition for the die-hard fans. Yes. Die hard public radio fans. Proud.

We also had a lot of other fun things to see and do while we were all in Dallas. We went to the brand new Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which is a beautiful, new museum right in the heart of Dallas. We went because my brother, Charlie, has always had a fascination with dinosaurs, and maintains paleontology is his missed calling. There was a lot of learning to do at the museum- space, dinosaurs, lots and lots of sparkly things on one floor (my favorite).

I've had to adjust back into reality because this past weekend was so much fun and so wonderful. It was great to get to see my parents and just be able to relax and have fun with the two of them. I miss them a lot here in Austin, so it's always a treat to just be able to enjoy having them around.

OH! And of course, no trip to Dallas would be complete without Sprinkles Cupcakes... I mean come on, do I need to say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment