Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Working Girl




What a great idea. Reminds me of when I dressed up as Harriet Tubman for a biography project in the fourth grade. 
These were put together by photographer Jaime Moore. She wanted to commemorate her daughter's 5th birthday with a few portraits, but when she looked for ideas she only found "'How to's' of how to dress your little girl like a Disney Princess." Instead, Moore wanted to show her daughter that she could be anything she wanted to be in real life, not just aspire to  live up to an "an unrealistic fantasy for most girls (Yay Kate Middleton!)" Moore has a great write-up about her project on her website, which I pulled all the pictures and a few quotes from. Be sure and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool, thanks for the link! I want to do this with my daughter (if I ever have one...). Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete